Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Nightmaaaaaaare!

It's been a while, but I guess I was due for another anxiety-inducing wedding nightmare at some point. This weekend Matt and I spent a fair amount of time weeding through our wedding registries online, getting rid of things that were marked as "soon-to-be-discontinued" and replacing them with other items, as well as adding a few things we had yet to add to our registries. It was a lot of fun, but it put the wedding back in the forefront of my mind.

So in this bizarre dream, it was our wedding day and not only was it pouring out, but the ceremony was at this weird place that wasn't our church. The ceremony went fine and we were kind of rushed out because another wedding was coming in (kind of like a drive-through chapel or something!) So for some reason I need to climb this very steep hill on my hands and knees in my gown with my bouquet in order to get to the parking lot around the back of this weird building. On my way up (soaking wet and filthy), I realize that we took a limo to the church and I get angry because we paid for a trolley. At the top, it was suddenly nighttime and most of our guests had dispersed, but there was a really random assortment of people hanging around. My dad was there and I kept asking him where everyone was and he wasn't sure. I tried calling my mom and Matt and my bridesmaids over and over and no one was answering my calls so I naturally got really upset and started crying. Then my dad announced that it was 9:00pm and we should get going and I was freaking out. "We didn't take pictures! Where is everyone?? Why is it pouring out?? I'm soaking wet! I'm a mess! Did everyone go to the reception and forget about me?? Where's my trolley?? Where are my friends? Where's my GROOM??" and all the while I'm crying and crying... and then suddenly I woke up and realized it was a dream and said, "Oh thank you God, it wasn't real...."

Yeahhh.....Where does this anxiety even come from?? I'm not stressed about the wedding at all! It'll turn out great and I've been saying that since the beginning. Maybe I'm not stressing out enough for my subconscious? It would be great if these dreams would just stop... Kind of hate them.

So in other news, I went out with my mom and Sara Kopp the other night to the Christmas Tree Shop and we purchased some cute blue votives to go on the tables with the short centerpieces. I'll admit that I kind of don't care too much about design details so I told them whatever they thought looked good was fine with me. I do like the votives, though. I really want a lot of candles to create a soft, romantic feel in the room. It's all about romance, people!

I bought some wedding shoes online the other day because I've been scoping them out for months, and they were really disappointing in person. I mean, they were still really pretty, but I had them on for 3 minutes and my feet already hurt. Sorry, but I'm all about comfort. I sent them back the next day and I'll be going out on a shoe mission with Sonja someday soon to find an inexpensive, comfortable pair of wedding shoes. Can it be done?? The way I shop on the cheap, I think so. It can be done!

And finally, this weekend Matt and I checked out a house that we absolutely fell in love with and we'll be putting an offer on it tonight. It's the second house we've put an offer on (the first one didn't work out because the seller was beyond picky and claimed our offer was too low-- mmkay, not thanks) and we're crossing our fingers, toes, eyes.. everything. The house is beautiful and spacious and it's something we could see ourselves growing into over time. Anyway, we're praying and wishing and hoping a whoooole lot.

2 comments:

  1. An offer! How exciting! All of our appendages are crossed for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! There are 2 other offers so we're really hoping ours is good enough. We'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete