Monday, July 12, 2010

Hot hot hot

I'm really hoping that it's not this hot and humid next month for the wedding. It's been SO GROSS for over a week. I was kind of rolling with it until tonight when it hit me like a ton of bricks. My head was aching and my stomach was anything but happy. And no matter how much sleep I get, I wake up tired. The humidity is just draining my energy and I'm over it! If it was really hot, but dry, I'd be in heaven. Like everyone always says, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity." So true.

I went with my mom and grandmother to HomeGoods at TJmaxx yesterday and my mom bought Matt and me a mail box with handpainted blue hydrangeas on it. It's so cute! I can't wait to put it up at the house. Actually, I can't wait to get inside the house, period! I started looking at www.visitmaine.com last night to get ideas for our honeymoon. We're only going to Bar Harbor 6 hours away, but I'm excited to get there. At the same time, though, we're going to come home at the end of the week to our house full of boxes, and I'm sure we'll be dying to unpack and set up shop. I know one thing for sure-- August is going to be awesome.

Our appraisal on the house was today and apparently it went well, which is good. I'm trying to be patient with our seller but he's taking his dear, sweet time doing things on the house that he's been saying he'll do for over a month now. As long as he gets on it and we close on time, all will be right with the world.

Oh! Also! One of my bridesmaids and bestest friends since forever, Sara Mouch, got home last week from 9 months in Spain! She came over last night to grab her bridesmaid dress and it looked AMAZING on her. Again, I love the cornflower blue so much! She's also going to be giving Matt and I (and my dad too, I believe) some dancing lessons. Last September before she left, she gave us some Rumba lessons, but we were really bad students and didn't practice enough. So she's going to try and help us get back on track. Hope it works!

Well, it's time for an ice cold shower for me. I feel totally icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment