Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting in some kind of shape...

So Matt and I are both fairly active people. We both enjoy being outside, walking or jogging or riding bikes, sometimes going on little hikes.We both like working out at the gym when the weather isn't great, too. I've been really good about staying consistent with my workouts lately and I'm starting to see some differences in my body that I like, but I'm not there yet. First problem is probably my diet; with ulcerative colitis, you're kind of limited to what you can and should eat. I do my best and stay pretty healthy, although my sweet tooth really gets the best of me most of the time. Matt's a lot better with that than I am. But anyway, the other night I happened upon this website regarding a 100 push ups challenge. It's really interesting. There's a whole training routine that builds up your strength over 6 weeks and the end result is the ability to perform 100 consecutive push ups. CRAZY, right? Well, Matt agreed to try it with me so we'll see how it goes! I am really trying to get my upper body and arms into shape so I'll look good in my dress, but I have such poor upper body strength, it's sad. I'm sure this will whip my arms into shape. Besides, I'm compteting with my mom over here who does kettle bell workouts daily and has freaking arms that rival Michelle Obama's! Seriously, she's cut. Maybe training to do 100 push ups will give me the edge on my mom that I need haha

Wish us luck! We're starting tomorrow (and we have grand plans to go to the gym at 5:00 am too, but we'll see if that actually happens) and I'll keep our progress updated on this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment