I can't believe that next Friday is the 3 month mark until the wedding! Time is really racing by. The other day our wedding favors came in-- I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but we've decided to make a donation to the Lance Armstrong Foundation in honor of our guests and give our guests the yellow wristbands as favors. I need to get some cornflower blue card stock (see what I did there? That's right-- yellow & blue are our colors.. and we got yellow favors. Zingggg-- point for creativity!) so we can print little messages to tie onto the bracelets. I was thinking about getting boxes for them, too, but upon further thought, I think we'll just put them at each table setting as is. I'm all about cutting the unnecessary, and little boxes would just be extra money and extra trash at the end of the night. I love our guests, but they're not getting boxes. I like to think that they'll appreciate not having tons of useless boxes floating around!
We're still house hunting, of course. We saw two BEAUTIFUL, very historic old houses (one which was next door to Andrew & Lisa!) that we would love to live in if we had the extra money for all the work the houses would need over time. They were really great houses. We love the historic homes that have charm and character and a bit of a past. The newer houses are just fine, but they're not as magical as old homes. I'm really hoping we find ourselves in an older house (preferably one that has been updated, of course, but still retains the integrity of the original architecture). Hey, I can dream!
I need to schedule my first dress fitting soon, which is really exciting. My mother and I went to Party Dress Express last week so she could try on her dress. She's so lucky-- it fits like a glove. It just needs a little tucking up top to make it snugger, but other than that, she's golden. And thankfully they caught the jerk who was setting fire to all those mills in Fall River. My mom got nervous because her dress is sitting in one of those mills! But it's all good now.
My final submission for the semester is due on Monday and then I'll be in my LAST semester of grad school. How on earth did that happen so fast?? Through a connection at school I've got myself set up with a pretty neat freelancing job, which is a relief because the newspapers haven't been sending me as much work as I like lately. We need money for the wedding and life in general, so having this job will help out a lot. I'll post more about it once I have the scoop and start working/writing!
So that's about it. I think we'll be printing our invitations soon and doing other odds and ends, but as always, it's smooth sailing (oh no, I can feel it... I'll regret saying that and jinxing myself...)
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment