Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bridal Expoooo!

So on Sunday, Lauren, Shana, Sonja, myself, my mother, and my godmother (also Lauren's mother) ventured out to the big Bridal Expo at the convention center in Providence. Holy overwhelming! I'm really glad that we have most things booked already because if I had walked in there looking for all the vendors I'd need, I would have probably had a meltdown. It was a lot of fun, though. The place was packed with all sorts of vendors, everything from venues to florists to bakers.... even my trolley was there! That might have been the highlight of the afternoon for me, actually. They had the trolley that we rented parked inside the convention center and we all got to go inside and check it out. It's going to be so great because it fits 34 people and they let you decorate it however you want. Definitely looking forward to riding around in a trolley on my wedding day!

We also played with a photo booth (oh budget, if only you were larger and I could get the photo booth that I'm dreaming of...), tried some cupcakes, found a GREAT deal on the bridesmaid dresses, and signed up for countless free trips and random give aways. We also sat through a fashion show that was slightly awkward because some of the models looked really uncomfortable on stage, while others (like the 8 year old boy who was dancing circles around everyone) looked TOO comfortable. Then there was the live band-- Anthony and the Persuasion, or something like that? They weren't bad really... just comical. I'm happy with my band Wayz and Means. They're so good live. And not cheesy... which is important.

So in 7 months, it will be the day before my wedding and I'll probably be running around doing a ton of last minute things... or maybe I'll be totally relaxed and everything will already be done and I'll be lounging in the sun with my future husband, counting the hours til our wedding rehearsal and dinner. Who knows!

I can't believe it's already 2010. That's insane! I can't wait to see where life will take us in another 10 years when it's 2020. Holy cow.


2 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you! the show was kinda crazy and I feel the same as you - I'm so happy most of our vendors were booked. I thought the fashion show was kind of silly (I saw the 1st one), and nothing really struck my fancy in terms of gowns or BM dresses. You big countdown begins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I can't believe how quick the time is passing. It will be August before we know it. :)

    ReplyDelete