I can't believe that 2009 is pretty much over. This was a crazy year-- I started my Master of Fine Arts program at Lesley University, got engaged to the greatest guy in the whole world, was a bridesmaid for the first time ever in Lisa and Andrew's beautiful wedding, said goodbye to my grandfather, and put up with an incredible amount of unnecessary work-related stress. It was definitely a year of ups and downs, and I'm excited to see what 2010 holds in store for me.
I've recently made a few decisions about the upcoming year that will benefit me in many, many positive ways, but I'm not going to talk about them just yet... I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, though. I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a huge cliff and there's most likely a safety net at the bottom, but I'll only know if I jump.
2010 is going to be the year about jumping. My immediate plans are to work on the novel I started in November. I'm 50,000 words into it and it needs a lot of work, but I'm planning on incorporating the novel into my assignments for this semester. I hope to have it in some kind of presentable manuscript by the summer. I'm also going to be pushing myself to get more into the freelance writing scene. I've made a good start with local papers and my portfolio is growing every week, but I'd like to jump into larger publications like magazines.
**CAN WE SAY REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE??**
I entered an essay contest back in September and they announce the winner next weekend... I feel something really good in my bones about my chances of winning. I'm visualizing the phone call and manifesting as many good vibes as possible... to start 2010 with the news that I have been chosen... well, that would basically set the tone for the whole year.
Aside from the writing stuff, I am SO EXCITED that it's almost our wedding year! I recently changed my mind about bridesmaid dresses. We'll be going with a cornflower blue instead of brown. I just think it'll be more summery and fun. I need to get my girls together and pick a designer, which may be tough since we're all on very different schedules. I'm leaning towards Bill Levkoff because he has some great styles that would compliment a lot of different bodies. Nothing is set in stone, though I need to get on that STAT!
Our Save the Dates are in their envelopes and will be addressed in the very near future... like, this week. I may need to recruit some willing bridesmaids to write them out with me. Or I might just spend New Years Eve doing that. I have no plans to go out because Matt's on the Cape with his buddies and I'm quite the old woman lately (9:30 and I'm tired... that's so pathetic).
We also officially have a VIDEOGRAPHER! I'm very thrilled about this because I wanted one so badly and we weren't sure we could fit it into our budget. We got very lucky to find Cozzi Video! Now our big day will be with us always.
I've been a lucky girl lately-- all my bridesmaids were/are home for the holidays, so I got to see them all at least once! Sara is back from Spain and we spent the day together today. I missed her so much, and the next stretch will be even LONGER. But she'll be home in the summer just in time for a few rumba lessons and a wedding. Chelsea came up from Virginia and I got to see her and a few other girls at Applebees one night. Those two are the farthest away so it was lovely to see them. I can't wait for the wedding to have everyone together all dressed up and ready to party!
I should get back to writing a book review for the paper, but expect more frequent updates from me... now that the new year is approaching, I have a feeling wedding things will be demanding a lot of my attention and time!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment