Then, after outing, Matt arrived from Fort Devens where he's doing his time with the Reserves. We headed over to Andrew and Lisa's apartment so Matt could finally meet the not-so-little-anymore kittens, Archie and Merlin. We hung out over there for a while and had a great time, Lisa and I looking at dresses online while the guys tossed a ball back and forth and drove the cats crazy. Someday they'll be doing that with our children. Eek.
Saturday afternoon Matt and I headed to Cape Cod, and unfortunately hit traffic on rt. 25, about seven miles from the bridge. Long story short: it was 85 degrees, humid as heck, and the AC in my car is broken. Not happy campers! But when we got to his parents' house, they had the AC going and I'm sure we've never been happier. That night we went to see the Saw Doctors at the Melody Tent, and it was an experience, let me tell you! This summer has been my introduction to cult-like musical followings: first Jimmy Buffet in June, now the Saw Doctors. You don't just like the Saw Doctors; apparently, you love them (HI ANNE!). It was a ton of fun, although Matt and I crashed when we got home (don't keep us out past 10 pm... we're in our 20s but already acting like we're 75).
This morning we went to church and then headed back to RI for my brother's graduation party. Wouldn't you know-- more traffic! We just couldn't hit it right this weekend. It wasn't as bad getting off Cape actually. We made it back to RI in an hour and 45 mins and then spent the night with my family and our family friends, eating and cooking out and playing Apples to Apples. Matt left about an hour and a half ago to head back to Fort Devens because he has to work tomorrow... such a bummer.
That reminds me, I said I'd call at 9:30 and it's 9:40! Off to check on my wonderful fiance, the amazing man I am so excited to marry in less than a year :)

Kariana and I went to Maine this weekend and lucked out on traffic. Being a South Shore girl and having a grandfather and family on the Cape I can feel your pain :( At least you were both together!!! =)
ReplyDeleteLove this photograph (Kansas)?
Best,
Kali