Ok, maybe I'm not exactly "cracking" any "whips," but I did round up some of my local bridesmaids yesterday for some much needed help, and they were beyond wonderful. The day started with a trip to the dress shop with my maid of honor Katy (who came down from New Hampshire for the weekend), and my mother. Katy was picking up her dress and mom was having her fitting.
After that, we headed back to my dress shop for my second fitting. It's amazing what my seamstress is doing with this dress! Matt reads this blog, so I'm not saying much else besides this. She's just amazing. When I had my dress on, I tried the whole wedding day look together and wore my something borrowed (Lisa's incredible cathedral-length veil) and my something old (a 3-strand pearl necklace that my grandfather gave to my grandmother when they got engaged) and my something inexpensive (my $7.99 cubic zirconia bling bling earrings that tie the whole look together). I love it! I think my preferences might be changing about my hair, though-- I had originally wanted to wear it long and loose and curly for the ceremony, then put it up at the reception in a low bun and affix my hair piece over it, but when I put the veil on yesterday, I had my hair twisted in a bun already and it actually looked really nice. I think my hair might cover some of the details of the dress and my jewelry, and now that it's so hot and muggy out, I'm thinking it might just make me uncomfortably warm, as well. So, my mind is a-changing I think! We still have 2 months to go, so who knows how many more mind-changes I'll have between now and then.
After my fitting, a slew of my amazing bridesmaids came over to help address and assemble invitations, response cards and favors. Lisa, Katy, Sonja and Shana started off the process, and then we had a shift change when Son & Shay left and Sara showed up with poor Eric. Unfortunately for him, Matt was away at the reserves this weekend so Eric had to sit around a table with 4 girls and a whole ton of wedding stuff. He's great though-- he jumped right in and helped me tie bows on all my favors! (Thanks Eric!). I had the girls hand write the invites, not because I didn't want to, but mainly because I'm really insecure about my handwriting and I feel like it's messy and unattractive. I stuck to favor-duty and let my friends who all have really pretty handwriting take that job. And I can't say how absolutely GRATEFUL to the moon and back I am for their hard work and effort. It took a few hours and it was hot and humid, but they really did an amazing job and now I'm feeling a lot less stressed. Tomorrow I'll go spend about $75 on postage, but what can you do? We saved hundreds by doing the invites ourselves (and buying them on clearance and ebay) so spending a little on postage is not only necessary, but still technically within our budget.
I then took my Mrs of Honor and Maid of Honor out to dinner, which was fun, then Katy spent the night. We took a sunset drive down to see the house, and while we were there we drove around the park and cruised by the beach (so romantic haha). Of course, we spent the rest of the night watching episodes of The Office and catching up on life, and as mellow as it was, we still had fun.
Today I need to hunt down some more blue card stock (COME ON AC MOORE, YOU'RE KILLING ME OVER HERE WITH YOUR INABILITY TO RESTOCK SHELVES IN A TIMELY MANNER! sorry to yell about it). I also need ribbon. And I might go to Target for no reason other than Matt won't be home til later tonight and I haven't been to Target in a while haha.
In two months we'll be at the rehearsal dinner and I can't believe how FAST everything is moving. It's pure madness, but I kind of love it. I'm so excited to be husband and wife and move into our new house and start our life together. Time can just keep on moving, thank you very much! :)
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment