Sunday, February 7, 2010

6 MONTHS!

Holy cow, today is the 6 month mark and I have no idea how we here! I went a long stretch without really thinking about the wedding too much, but now all of a sudden it's ALL I can think about some days. I've been experimenting with different makeup because I think we're going to skip the makeup artist (too expensive for something we can do ourselves, in my opinion). I keep browsing hair styles online. I look at flower arrangements constantly. I'm not anxious or stressed, just really excited!


Yesterday was a dress shopping day, but not for me. I have my dress, so yesterday was all about my bridesmaids, mother, and future mother in law finding dresses that they loved. The girls are all wearing Bill Levkoff dresses in Cornflower, but they chose different styles to suit their own bodies and tastes. They did such a good job making their choices-- they all chose dresses that looked amazing on them. And they did it so fast! The associate who was helping us said she had never seen a bridal party choose dresses so quickly. That's right folks, my friends are efficient and stylish. And to quote Shana, it's a good thing I have such good looking girlfriends ;)


My godmother, Mary, came along with us as well and served as a very helpful stylist. My mom and Matt's mom (also Mary) found gorgeous dresses. They were stunning. My mom chose a dusty rose colored strapless gown with a jacket and little embellishment on the waist, and Mary chose a gorgeous slate gray/silver dress with a criss-cross type style across the torso and off the shoulder type sleeves. 

The dresses look sage and yellow in this picture, but they're definitely not. They looked so good in person.

I won't post every single dress that my girls chose, but here's a cute group shot (we're missing Chelsea and Sara Mouch, my Virginia nursing student and my little world traveler). 
Six months from now, they'll be decked out in their awesome dresses and we'll all have tans and won't be wearing all these layers! Can't wait to see how beautiful they will all look :)


So this week my wedding tasks are as follows:
  • Call the photographer and book the free engagement session he offered us (thank you, Matt, for your service to the country!)
  • Call the videographer and schedule a meeting to go over some odds and ends
  • Make a wedding "vision board" to encompass the colors, moods, and overall themes of the wedding day (not an urgent task, but it'll be fun) 
  • Make a home made Valentine's card for my sweet fiance!



1 comment:

  1. Loving the cornflower blue. It's going to look so nice with everything, especially the flowers :) Thank you for having good taste, haha.

    Also loving the new layout! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete