Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hoping next summer actually acts like summer...

My apologies for the previous post with the awful yellow font. Once I made it yellow and realized you can hardly see it against the background, I tried to change it, but Blogger was being uncooperative and wouldn't let me turn it any other color. Boo to you, Blogger!

The weather today is awful. It's gray and wet and cold, and it's the end of July! This summer has been mostly bad, and I'm PRAYING that next summer is nicer. If it rains on my wedding day, that's ok. Really, it doesn't matter. But a part of me is hoping it's beautiful out for good pictures and just a general summery feeling for the wedding. Everybody cross your fingers!

Tomorrow is meeting number one with the florist... I'm excited. I have a couple of pictures to bring with me as ideas, but I'm really interested to see what he thinks will look good. In my head, I see daisies and hydrangeas, but I'm no florist and I don't know many flowers beyond the basic garden ones. We also need to put the deposit down on our reception site this week, so once that's done, we'll have the big stuff figured out! The church, the reception, the florist... I guess after that we need to make a decision about a photographer and we can sit back for a few months, right? I've already got my dress, so there aren't many other "big" things we'll need. Woo!

Any suggestions from the world out there? From anyone married or who has seen something at a wedding they really liked or didn't like? I'm about as open for suggestions and ideas as they come... this process can be overwhelming, so any advice is greatly appreciated!


Hoping the sun comes out this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment